This mini quiche recipe is quick to prepare and tastes delicious. Perfect for a high tea, prepare your mini quiches in advance and freeze until needed. If you have cream and fresh parsley on hand, add this to your quiche batter for creamier texture and more flavour.
- Medium-sized bowl
- Chef’s knife
- Vegetable knife
- Measuring spoons
- Chopping board
- Two 12-cup tart pans
- Pastry brush
- Cooling rack
- 3 to 4 sheets of puff pastry sheets, cut into circles that fit your pan
- 4 rashers of bacon, cut into small squares
- 3 eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp of cream (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil or soft butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease your tart pans
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the bacon, onion, cheese, salt, pepper, cream, and parsley. Combine everything using a fork.
- Place the pastry cut-outs into prepared tart pans, pressing around the fluted edges.
- Fill each tart cup with your quiche batter, about three-fourths full.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until set golden brown.
- Let them cool for a while in the pan then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.