This Moist & Delicious Carrot Cake is a crowd pleaser!
Carrot cake is a great dessert to whip out at dinner parties and pairs well with tea and coffee, making it an ideal treat for morning tea, high tea and afternoon tea.
The tantalising combination of carrot and walnuts within the cake gives it a fantastic texture and crunch, which is perfectly complemented by the slightly tangy, but oh-so-tasty cream cheese icing.
We suspect this recipe is one you’ll return to time and time again!
PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
COOK TIME: 75 Minutes
- 300 g grated carrot
- 250 g walnuts, roughly chopped plus extra to decorate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup of Canola Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- For icing, 1 cup of icing sugar
- 100 g of cream cheese, softened
- 45 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest, finely grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Mix together cinnamon, salt, flour and baking powder in a separate large bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients into the egg mixture and mix to blend.
- Add the carrots and walnuts and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the loaf and bake for 75 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the loaf comes away clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place all the icing ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and mix thoroughly until the icing is creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, remove from tin and spread the icing generously over the top of the carrot cake.
- Decorate with walnuts, slice and serve.
Try this classic recipe yourself and tell us how you went in the comment section below.