Use a spring form pan to create this easy, no flour or butter heavenly cake!
- 2 large oranges, washed
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Place the oranges in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 hours, adding more water when necessary to keep the oranges covered.
- Drain and allow to cool to room temperature. Quarter the oranges and remove any core and seeds, then puree both the flesh and rind in a food processor.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 22 cm spring form cake pan with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until well combined. Stir in the orange puree followed by the almond meal and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Bake for 1hr or until the top is golden and its cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin. Serve dusted with icing sugar or with candied orange peel and orange syrup.