Easy, 1hr 15min, Serves 6
Satisfying meal full of comforting flavours
- 1 Can Borlotti Beans drained & rinsed
- 1 Can Cannellini beans drained & rinsed
- 1 Can Lentils (drained & rinsed)
- 1 Can Tomatoes Diced
- 500g Mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 Cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tsp Chilli minced (or can leave out)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Chicken Stock
- 2 Litres Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Pasta
- Heat oil in large saucepan, add onion, chili and garlic. Cook until onion is transparent.
- Add vegetables and sweat off until softened.
- Add tomatoes and stir well.
- Add chicken stock powder, mix well.
- Add drained mixed beans and lentils
- Add water and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and continue to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add dried pasta and stir the pot well until boiling again.
- Boil for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally so that the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least 45 minutes (but the longer you can leave it the better).
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese and crusty bread on the side.