Cake pops are typically made using crumbled cake and frosting, but a much easier fix would be to use crumbled Oreo cookies. You can also use Tim Tams as a substitute if you have them.
Your kids will love these cake pops!
These bite-sized treats are delicious, almost always picture perfect and can easily be decorated with dips and sprinkles or piped on with other designs.
- 1/2 package (24 cookies) of Oreo cookies
- 1/3 package (85 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- Melting chocolate
- Put the Oreo cookies in a food processor and grind to fine crumbs.
- Add in the cream cheese and blend well.
- Mold the mixture into 1-inch balls and refrigerate for around 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate and insert it in the cake pop.
- Dip the cake ball in the melted chocolate and sprinkle with colourful candy sprinkles, chopped nuts or cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate sets.