Looking for inspiration for your festive feast? If this Peach Melba Pavlova Roll doesn’t tickle your fancy, we’re not sure what will!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tbs flaked almonds
- icing sugar, to dust
- 100g raspberries
- 1 tbs icing sugar mixture, extra
- 1 white peach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbs Cointreau liqueur
- ¾ cup (185ml) thickened cream
- cream, extra, whipped, to serve
- thinly sliced peach, to serve
- raspberries, extra, to serve
- mint leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until firm peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking constantly until sugar dissolves and the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Add cornflour and vinegar. Use a metal spoon to gently fold to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 10 mins or until starting to brown.
- Place a clean tea towel on a work surface. Top with a sheet of baking paper. Dust with icing sugar. Turn the meringue, top-side down, onto the paper. Set aside for 20 mins to cool.
- Process raspberries and extra icing sugar in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve into a bowl. Combine chopped peach and 1 tbs liqueur in a bowl. Set aside to macerate.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk cream and remaining liqueur in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add a little raspberry puree. Gently fold to marble. Spread over the pavlova. Sprinkle with peach mixture.
- Starting from 1 short end, carefully roll pavlova to enclose filling. Wrap in baking paper. Place on a baking tray in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Unwrap the pavlova and dust with icing sugar. Top with extra cream and sliced peach. Drizzle your Peach Melba Pavlova Roll with the remaining raspberry puree. Decorate with extra raspberries and mint leaves.