This warm potato salad recipe from Le Creuset is perfect to change up your salad menu. The trick is to dress those potatoes while they are still warm so they suck up the flavours of the lemony-garlic butter.
- 20 baby potatoes, cut in half
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces and leaves reserved
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 180g butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Place potatoes, onion and fennel in a Le Creuset Stoneware Rectangular Dish. Drizzle over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss with your hands to ensure all of the vegetables are well coated.
- Roast for 30–40 minutes, turning the vegetables just once, until the potatoes are cooked through and starting to brown slightly.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a large platter.
- Heat the butter and garlic in a small saucepan or pot over medium heat, bringing the butter to a gentle simmer. Add lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon as much of the lemon-butter sauce as you need over the warm vegetables, and stir to combine.
- Garnish with the reserved fennel leaves. You can prepare this dish several hours in advance and reheat before serving.
Recipe adapted from Le Creuset