A traditional cake with minimal effort and maximum flavour that will have everyone going back for seconds.
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 160gm Unsalted Butter softened
- 125g Philadelphia cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180. Grease and flour a loaf or round pan (depending on your preference).
- Combine softened butter & Philadelphia cream cheese in the stand mixer and beat until creamy and soft. Add eggs and sugar and continue beating.
- Once combined slowly mix in sifted flour and salt to the wet ingredients. While mixing, add in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into greased pan and cook for 60 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, cover with foil to prevent burning.
- Set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. Serve drizzled with lemon glaze or simply dusted icing sugar.