Moderate, 2.5 hrs, Serves 8
A yummy cake with a bit of a bite. It will be popular!
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour Plain
- 3 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts chopped
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 150g Cream Cheese Softened
- 4 to 5 Cups Icing sugar (depends on stiffness desired)
- 1 Tspn Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and lightly flour a 9
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the sugar and oil. Add the eggs and whisk well to combine. Stir in the pumpkin.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until the mixture is smooth and well combined. Add nuts.
- Pour all the batter into the cake tin. Bake for about 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cakes cool in their pans on a wire rack for 20 minutes, then turn out to cool completely before frosting.
- Place a big scoop of cream cheese frosting on top Pour all the batter into the cake tin.
Instructions Cheese Cream Frosting
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the sugar until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.