Another variant of the traditional Tiramisu recipe
This is a classic dessert made with a tasty pumpkin flavour. Pumpkin tiramisu, served in a dessert glass, looks fancy but actually requires minimal effort to put together.
- 400 g pumpkin puree
- 225 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 165 g packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 375 ml heavy cream
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 240 ml orange spice tea, cooled
- 125 ml orange juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp spiced rum
- 24 ladyfingers, sliced in half
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl, beat the heavy cream with granulated sugar and vanilla to medium peaks.
- Fold three-fourth of the whipped cream into the pumpkin mixture.
- Assembly: Combine the tea with orange juice and rum.
- Dip two ladyfinger halves into the tea mixture and pour into a dessert glass.
- Top with one-fourth of the pumpkin mixture.
- Repeat the two layers.
- Put a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Repeat with the remaining dessert glasses.
- Chill in the refridgerator until ready to serve.
- Garnish with another two ladyfinger halves.
*You can make half and half by combining four parts whole milk with one part heavy cream (376 ml whole milk, 94 ml heavy cream).