Treat the family this weekend by whipping up a batch of sweet waffles for an indulgent breakfast that won’t take all morning to make.
Are sweet waffles one of the first things you look for when selecting a new brunch spot to try? Us, too! But, with a little help from Sunbeam’s vertical waffle maker, making them at home has never been more doable.
Whisk the ingredients together, pour the mixture directly into the top of the machine, select the shade you want (go from light and fluffy to dark and crispy) then all you have to do is prepare the toppings.
Makes: 2 waffles
Prep: 10 minutes
Heat setting: medium or medium high
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the Sunbeam waffle maker by plugging it in and selecting your shade preference.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a jug, whisk together egg and milk, add to flour mix and whisk until combined, do not over mix. Stir in melted butter.
- Fill the cup measure to the top with batter and carefully pour into the top of the machine.
- Once the waffle is cooked, serve immediately with your favourite toppings.
Sweet Waffles: Topping Variations
Now for the fun part! Which one will you pick?
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Fig, honey and chopped pistachios
- Chocolate ice cream, sauce & chopped dark chocolate
- Fresh cream, candy floss and raspberries
- Berries with cream and maple syrup
- Caramel sauce, banana, vanilla ice cream and honeycomb bites
- Strawberries, cream and maple syrup
We would love to know how you get on with the Sunbeam vertical waffle maker AND if you know of any weird and wonderful combinations we’re yet to try, add them below!