No classic Christmas would be complete without a trifle for dessert. This scrumptious Raspberry & White Choc Tiramisu Trifle is more than a little heavenly. Give it a try and impress the gang this Christmas.
- 400g white chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- 1¼ cups (310ml) Frangelico liqueur
- 600g fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup (55g) caster sugar
- 600g mascarpone
- 1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ⅓ cup (80ml) vanilla coffee syrup
- 200g sponge finger biscuits
- Cream, extra and whipped, to serve
- Raspberries, extra, to serve
- White chocolate curls, to serve (see tip)
- Place the chopped chocolate, milk and ½ cup (125ml) liqueur in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring with a metal spoon, for 5 mins or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
- Meanwhile, combine the raspberries, sugar and half the remaining liqueur in a large bowl. Set aside to macerate.
- Place the mascarpone, white chocolate mixture, cream and vanilla in a large bowl. Use an electric mixer to whisk until firm peaks form.
- Combine the coffee syrup and remaining liqueur in a shallow bowl. Dip one-third of the biscuits in the syrup. Arrange in a single layer over the base of a 14-cup (3.5L) trifle bowl.
- Spoon over one-third of the mascarpone mixture and top with half the raspberry mixture. Continue layering with the remaining biscuits, syrup, mascarpone mixture and raspberry mixture. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Spoon the extra cream over the trifle. Top your Raspberry & White Choc Tiramisu Trifle with the extra raspberries and sprinkle with the chocolate curls.
TIP: To make chocolate curls, melt white choc melts and add a little vegetable oil. Spread over a clean work surface (marble is best). Set aside until almost set. Scrape with a large sharp knife on an angle, placing the curls on a lined baking tray as you go.
For more classic Christmas sweets take a look at our Traditional Christmas Pudding recipe.