Looking for a super indulgent dessert that ticks all the healthy boxes? Is that even possible?
Look no further. The lovely wellness coach Shan Cooper of My Food Religion has us salivating at the mere image of this raw peanut butter slice. It’s got no processed sugar, no flour, no dairy, nothing traditional desserts have, requires no baking, and yet tastes as sinful…but isn’t. This is a wholly vegan and gluten-free recipe with a lot of natural and whole ingredients that are good for you.
Sceptical? We dare you try this and not want to finish it in one sitting.
For more great healthy recipe ideas, join Shan and the amazing gut health advocate Sofie van Kempen at Kitchen Warehouse North Lakes for Nourish: Food for Health and Healing, a very special workshop we have to celebrate wellness. Buy a ticket to this workshop for $20 and take home your very own Mad Millie Kefir Kit valued at $24.95 on top of all the fun and new ideas you’ll get.
- ½ cup almonds or a nut/seed of your choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 15 fresh dates, seeds removed
- ½ cup natural coconut milk yogurt or full fat coconut cream
- ½ cup 100% peanut butter or a nut/seed butter of your choice
- ¼ cup collagen hydrolysate, optional but amazing for skin, hair, nails, and gut health
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted or ghee, cacao butter, or butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup, honey, or coconut nectar
- Blend all the ingredients for the base in a food processor until it comes together like a dough. Remove and press into a baking-paper lined tray. Set aside.
- Combine and mix all the ingredients for the filling well, then pour over the base. Place it in the freezer while you make the topping.
- To make the topping, mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour over the slice and pop back in the freezer for two hours to set. Once set, slice and serve.
Recipe adapted with permission from My Food Religion.