Since our 3 Pancake Recipes post seems to be a hit, we’re giving you another pancake recipe that’s also a crowd favourite.
These blueberry pancakes have a fluffy texture and nice consistency – ideal for breakfast and dessert, served with ice cream. Enjoy these guilt free, as blueberries are known as superfoods that offer lots of health benefits.
The blueberry pancakes recipe below also subs well for other fruits such as bananas, peaches or apples.
Tip: If using frozen blueberries, defrost them first to ensure evenly cooked pancakes.
- 155 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 235 ml milk
- 1 1/2 tsp butter, melted
- 80 g fresh blueberries
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and milk together.
- Stir into the flour mixture.
- Mix in the butter and carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Set aside for an hour.
- Heat pan over medium high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto the hot pan, spacing the batters a few inches apart.
- Wait until the bottoms are golden brown and bubbles start to appear on the top and turn over.
- Cook until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve hot.
Serve the blueberry pancakes with butter and brown sugar or maple syrup. Maple-flavoured bacon or sausage links are also a popular accompaniment to this dish. Don’t forget to top with any remaining blueberries!