Because a good jam is always on our radar, we teamed up with Kilner and Alex Elliott-Howery from Cornersmith to give you this swoon-worthy strawberry & rhubarb jam recipe – perfect for scones!
It’s easy to make and a blessing to taste – seriously you can eat it by the spoonful – so whatever you do this summer be sure to make this jam part of your plan!
STRAWBERRY & RHUBARB JAM
- 800g rhubarb stalks, chopped (leaves discarded)
- 800g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 600g caster sugar
- ½ cup of water
- Rose water to taste
- Add the rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, zest, and ½ cup of water to your jam pan. Let the fruit soften on a slow heat.
- When soft add the sugar and rose water, then increase the heat. This will take approximately 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Stir occasionally to make sure the mixture isn’t sticking.
- Place the funnel over your beautiful, sterilised jar then ladle the jam to fill.
- Once opened, store in the fridge.
- Balsamic Strawberry Ice Cream
- Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Watermelon and Strawberry Frosé
- Sugar-Free Blueberry Jam Recipe