Because a good strawberry jam is always on our radar, we teamed up with Alex from Cornersmith to give you this swoon-worthy rhubarb & strawberry jam recipe – perfect for scones!
It’s easy to make and a blessing to taste – seriously you can eat it by the spoonful – so whatever you do this summer, be sure to make this jam part of your plan.
RHUBARB & STRAWBERRY JAM
- 800g rhubarb stalks, chopped (leaves discarded)
- 800g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 600g caster sugar
- ½ cup of water
- Rose water to taste
- Add the rhubarb, strawberries, lemon juice, zest, and water to your jam pan.
- Let the fruit soften on a slow heat.
- When soft add the sugar and rose water, then increase the heat. This will take approximately 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Stir occasionally to make sure the mixture isn’t sticking.
- Place the funnel over your beautiful, sterilised jar then ladle the jam to fill.
- Once opened, store in the fridge.
Discover more strawberry recipes: