This tasty ricotta herb dip is an easy, yummy way to provide nibbles to a crowd of hungry dinner guests. Pull root spring vegetables from the garden for a truly rustic spin.
When you have a crowd to please it can be difficult to know what sort of spread to put on – especially if you’re not willing to turn to unhealthy quick fixes. I find this ricotta herb dip always goes down a treat, and when you serve it with spring vegetables you know your’re getting some good nutrients too.
- 500g quality ricotta
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, snipped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Raw sugar snap peas, topped and tailed
- Raw broad beans, peeled
- Baby carrots
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red or green peppers
- Black olives
- 1 loaf of ciabatta, thinly sliced
- For the dip, blend all of the ingredients together in a food processor. Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours (but no more) to allow the flavours to meld.
- For the dippers, arrange the vegetables on a cutting board or on decorative plates.
- Allow the ricotta herb dip to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour prior to serving. Serve alongside the vegetables.
Recipe by Leite’s Culinaria.
For more dip ideas, try these: