Enjoy this smooth and indulgent simple chocolate ice cream recipe. It’s preservative free and divine; the perfect treat. Makes approx 5 serves.
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Machine with Compressor 1.5L
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Ice cream container
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars and salt.
- Add the milk and, using a hand mixer beat on low speed or a whisk, beat to combine until ingredients have dissolved.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Whisk mixture together again before pouring into an ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the mixing bowl of your ice cream maker fitted with the ice cream paddle.
- Turn the ice cream maker on and let the mixture mix until thickened, for approximately 40 minutes.
- The ice cream will have a soft, creamy texture.
- If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer to an airtight container and place in the freezer for around 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Cuisinart
Enjoyed this simple chocolate ice cream recipe?
- Berries & Cherries: Summer Ice Cream Recipes
- Coconut Ice Cream with Raspberry Swirl Recipe
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- Snickers Ice Cream Recipe