Few things are as deliciously satisfying as Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Quick and easy to make, you can whip these soft and chewy cookies up in under 30 minutes. The recipe makes 10 large cookies or 12 – 15 small ones, depending on your personal preference. Truly decadent served straight out of the oven or left to cool, this easy-to-follow recipe won’t disappoint!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 12-15 minutes
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour butter into a large mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to beat the brown sugar and caster sugar until the sugar is mostly dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the egg into the sugar mixture along with the vanilla essence and baking powder and beat to combine.
- Sift the self-raising and plain flours together in a small bowl and then gradually mix into the sugar mixture until combined.
- Stir through chocolate chips.
- Drop generous tablespoons of cookie mixture onto lined baking trays, keeping them about two inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on trays for three minutes before either eating warm or transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by Kitchen Warehouse
Enjoyed this recipe? Try these: