Great way to make the most of in season spring vegetables!
- Tbs Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- 1 Large Leek or 3 smaller
- 1 Onion diced
- 5 Baby carrots diced
- 2 Handfuls Chopped Green Beans
- 2 Potatoes diced 1cm cubes
- 3/4 Cup Pasta
- 1 Tin Diced Tomatoes
- 3/4 Cup Purple Cabbage sliced in strips
- 2 Bok Choy Small
- 1 Cup Pea Sprouts
- 4 -5 Cups Chicken or Vege Stock
- For Seving Rocket pesto or rocketini sprig & parmesan
- To make the soup heat a good lug of olive oil in a pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, leeks, carrot and potato and plus season with salt & pepper
- Cook for about five minutes until the veges become a little fragrant, then add the beans and tinned tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, then add the stock
- Turn the heat down so it simmers until the vegetables are cooked through and soft but still holding shape.
- Add the pasta until that is cooked and at this stage you may need to add some more stock depending on how much the pasta has absorbed
- At the end add the purple cabbage and once that is soft add in the pea sprouts just before serving
- Sprinkle with parmesan for extra flavour and enjoy with bread or toast.