If you want to make dad feel extra special this Father’s Day, cook him up a hearty lunch like this easy roast beef recipe. Served with puffy Yorkshire pudding and homemade pan gravy, this delicious meal is sure to satisfy.Continue reading “Hearty Father’s Day Lunch”
The family behind Kitchen Warehouse—the Macaulays and Murphys—are full of enthusiastic cooks, avid entertainers, and devoted foodies so it was only natural that they ended up in the business of kitchenware over 20 years ago. Matteo Murphy, eldest grandson of patriarch and founder John Macaulay, is certainly following in his family’s footsteps. Continue reading “Beef Jerky Recipe”
Your Le Creuset pans are perfect for bringing out the flavours in this lovely French recipe with a delicious smoky pork flavour and the carrot puree stirred through towards the end adds colour and sweetness.
Continue reading “Beef Bourguignon with Le Creuset”
Confused? Don’t be. Cooked for 15 minutes in the pressure cooker, this quick and bittersweet recipe has flavours that will explode in your mouth.
Continue reading “Chipotle Pepper Chili with Chocolate”
A staple in Japanese cuisine, shabu shabu makes use of fresh ingredients and brings healthy cooking to your home! Continue reading “Shabu Shabu”
On a recent trip to Tokyo, we had the opportunity to be taken out for dinner with Mino Tsuchida or in Australia we commonly refer to him as “Mr Global.” We were looking forward to Mino’s choice of restaurant as it had been a bit hit and miss with our culinary experiences in Tokyo, partly due to the fact we had children in tow that narrowed our choices. We jumped at the opportunity to be taken to a restaurant of his choice. Continue reading “Dinner with Mr. Global”
This lovely French recipe features tender beef cooked to perfection. The speck adds a delicious smoky pork flavour and the carrot puree stirred through towards the end adds colour and sweetness. Continue reading “Beef Bourguignon with Mash”
The whole family will love this hearty beef pie with its crisp shortcrust pastry – perfect meal for winter! Continue reading “Beef and Vegetable Pie”
Easy, 1 hour, Serves 6
This is the traditional recipe in a fraction of the original cooking time
- 300g ground beef
- 100g pancetta or unsmoked bacon, cubed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (Sangiovese)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 5 tbsp tomato paste concentrate
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1tbsp cream to finish
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 Cook pancetta in a cold pressure cooker without any oil until it starts to sizzle.
- ad onion, carrot and celery and raise the heat to medium-low and cook until soft. You can add a little oil of it sticks.
- Raise heat to medium and add the ground beef and brown well, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is evaporated and the meat starts to sizzle.
- Add wine and let evaporate (about 7 minutes).
- Mix tomato paste with beef stock, season and add to the pressure cooker. CLose the lid and turn the heat to high, until the pressure builds up. Once pressurised, lower heat to minimum and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the pressure cooker to the sink, swirl it to settle the content and pour cold water over the top.
- Open the pressure cooker and add 1 cup of hot water, mix thoroughly, scraping the sides and bottom. Close the lid again and turn the heat to high.
- Once under pressure, lower the heat and cook for another 7 minutes.
- repeat step 7.;Step 10 Stir in cream, serve and enjoy!
Moderate, 3 to 3.5 hrs, Serves 8
Delicious all round meal that will make a satisfying meal. Present in some gorgeous chunky winter bowls Continue reading “Italian Inspired Stew”