Moderate, 3 to 3.5 hrs, Serves 8
Delicious all round meal that will make a satisfying meal. Present in some gorgeous chunky winter bowls Continue reading “Italian Inspired Stew”
Easy, 1hr 15min, Serves 4
This is a great meal to prepare in advance and freeze
- 400gm Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic crushed
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp Olive OIl
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tin diced tomatoes
- 5 Potatoes peeled & quartered
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Peel, cut and boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and then add butter and milk. Mash the potatoes then cover and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry-pan. Add the onions and fry until translucent. Add the garlic and chili flakes. Fry for 2 minutes. Add boiled vegetable mix.
- Add the ground beef and fry for 5 minutes making sure you break up the clumps. Add tomato paste and chopped canned tomatoes. Add about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the tomatoes and stir.
- Turn the heat down and let the beef simmer gently for about 10 minutes allowing for some of the liquid to reduce. Add the peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the baking dishes then gently top with mashed potato. Grate on some parmesan cheese and then bake the pies for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Add this Beef Stroganoff recipe to your list of winter meals that will help you beat the chill while satisfying your hunger!
Delicious, hearty and easy to make, Beef Stroganoff is a traditional Russian dish that combines beef, mushrooms and a creamy sauce to tantalising effect.
Continue reading “Filling Beef Stroganoff”