Homemade chocolate truffles make thoughtful gifts for special occasions. Not only are they scrumptious and incredibly indulgent, they’re easy to make and look great no matter how you choose to present them.Continue reading “Decadent Homemade Chocolate Truffles – 3 Ways”
Rum balls are a treat for the whole family and can be made with rum flavouring to make them alcohol-free. Super quick, and of course, massively delicious, these coconut-coated treats are perfect as an afternoon snack or light dessert.
- Digital weighing scale
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Food processor (optional)
- Large mixing bowl
- Spoon or fork
- 250g arrowroot biscuits, crushed
- 395g tin condensed milk
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup pure cocoa, sifted
- 2 tbsps rum or 2 tsps rum flavouring
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Crush biscuits in a food processor or by hand.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or large bowl and mix to combine thoroughly.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into balls.
- Coat each piece in shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate or freeze for later.
Rum balls make a great addition to your high tea or Christmas platter. They can also be put into jars then given as gifts. For other treats that are easy to make, eat, and share, try our Decadent Truffle or Chocolate Fudge recipes.
If pulling off decadent desserts is a daunting prospect for you, try your hand at this easy but absolutely scrumptious chocolate fudge recipe. This makes about 12 delicious fudge cubes. Make it in larger batches and wrap them up as gifts.Continue reading “Chocolate Fudge Recipe”