Another year may have come to an end, but that does not mean your health and wellness wins should, too. Continue to reap the rewards in 2019 or, if you haven’t already, start incorporating good food choices into your diet starting with these healthy food trends.
During a recent holiday, my four-year-old son decided to become a vegetarian. We were driving along the beautiful Pacific coast and saw some cows grazing. Somehow it was mentioned that beef comes from cows, which he apparently had no idea of. Then and there he decided not to eat animals anymore. (more…)
Instead of heading out for breakfast/brunch this weekend, why don’t you enjoy a gourmet-style breakfast or brunch in the comfort of your home with this delicious French Toast with Blueberries recipe!
This yummy breakfast will hit your sweet spot perfectly! The eggy-cinnamon infused crunch of the bread combines brilliantly with the sweet, warmed blueberry and maple syrup mixture and the Greek yoghurt for a tantalising and indulgent start to your day!
The great thing is that it is incredibly simple and quick to make, though its decadent taste would have you suspect otherwise. This recipe serves 4 people (though can easily be increased or decreased) and takes about 25 minutes to make!
French Toast with Blueberries
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 25 g butter
- 8 slices of thick cut white bread
- 250 g berries
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain Greek-style yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 150C (or 130C fan-forced) and line a large tray with baking paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the blueberries and maple syrup and heat for 30 – 60 seconds (or until slightly melted). Stir well and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Melt one-quarter of the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip 2 slices of bread in egg mixture until soaked.
- Drain excess egg mixture and then cook bread for approximately 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Transfer to prepared tray and place in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining slices of bread, egg mixture and butter.
- Serve immediately.
Make this yummy recipe for breakfast or brunch and tell us what you thought of it in the comment section below!
Affogato is an Italian word meaning “drowned,” which makes perfect sense since this recipe basically involves a scoop of ice cream that is immersed in a coffee-based beverage. With a hint of espresso and Italian liqueur, this dessert is 100% for adults! Affogato is the perfect winter dessert because it has all the sweetness and flavour that we crave but still offers the elements that keep us warm and comfy when it’s cold outside.
Italian classics, particularly pasta dishes, are common but sacred ground when serving dinner for one’s family or friends. This is why care must be practised to be sure that all ingredients are fresh and properly measured. For this recipe, we’re doing a baby spinach and goat’s cheese filling, fresh homemade ravioli, and tomato sauce with savoury sage leaves. Try this dish out for size the next time you’re having company over – be sure to plan and prepare ahead!