Great easy way to prepare a delicious meal for a dinner party
- 8 Chicken Pieces (bones better)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Preserved Lemons
- 1/2 Juice of a Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Saffron Threads
- 1/4 Tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 Cup Green Olives Pitted (optional)
- 2 MARINADE
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 3/4 Cup Basil
- 1/2 Cup Parsley
- 2 Onions quartered
- Place all marinade ingredients in a food processor & blend.
- Put chicken in large bowl, pour marinade over, cover and marinate for two hours in the refrigerator.
- In a Tajine: heat the olive oil, add drained chicken, brown evenly and pour the marinade over the top
- Add spices, olives, cover and cook over a low heat until tender (about 1 hour).
- Check chicken after 45 minutes, skim of excess fat, add a little stock if necessary. Season to taste
- Dice the rind of two preserved lemons reserving the third for decoration. Add the diced lemons and cook for 10 minutes.
- Present the chicken on a platter garnished with remaining lemon & couscous