Chocolate Soufflé has always been a favourite among dessert lovers and it’s easy to see why. With it’s firm, cake-like top and warm, gooey middle, it hits all the right spots – especially when paired with ice-cream, cream or custard.
A fantastic option at dinner parties given their individual sized portions, this great recipe can be prepared ahead of time (but not cooked) for maximum convenience!
All up, the recipe takes a little under 30 minutes to make and serves 6.
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, cut into cubes plus extra to grease the ramekins
- 6 eggs
- 175 g sugar
- 125 g plain flour
- Ice-cream, cream or custard to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C and grease 6 medium sized ramekins.
- Melt the chocolate with the cubed butter in a bowl over simmering water or in a microwave.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy and then fold in to the flour.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Divide between the ramekins and bake for 8 – 12 minutes or until your souffles have formed a firm crust while maintaining a runny middle.
- Serve hot with cream, ice-cream or custard.
Try this recipe for yourself and tell us what you thought in the comment section below!