We’ve put together some of our favourite pizza recipes, including one for homemade dough, and there’s something for everyone – Tartufona Pizza, Pizza con Patate, Garlic Prawn Pizza and the all-important Basic Pizza Dough for the perfect base.
Tartufona Pizza Recipe
Enjoy the delicious combination of Italian pork and fennel sausage, combined with truffle oil and mozzarella at home with this authentic Italian Tartufona Pizza recipe cooked to perfection in five minutes using the Wolstead Pro Rapido Pizza Oven.
- 1 serving of pizza dough (see recipe for homemade dough below)
- 1 uncooked Italian pork and fennel sausage (casing removed and broken into small sized pieces)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large fresh mozzarella ball, or 4 small balls, torn
- 1 handful of parmesan cheese
- 1 drizzle of truffle oil
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface and top with sausage pieces, onion slices, oregano and mozzarella.
- Place in the preheated pizza oven and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the parmesan cheese, truffle oil and ground black pepper.
Basic Pizza Dough Recipe
- 450g pizza flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 320mls warm water
- 2 tsp active yeast
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Add flour and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer (if you have one) or a large mixing bowl and mix to combine.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a medium to large measuring jug.
- Make a well in the centre of the bowl of your stand mixer or mixing bowl and add yeast and water mixture and the oil.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients together using your stand mixer on medium speed for six minutes OR if you don’t have a stand mixer then the dough can be kneaded by hand for 12 minutes until a soft dough forms.
- Add more flour or water if required.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes to one hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, separate it into three individual balls. Cover and rest for a further two hours.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out each dough ball flat into a 20cm circle. While working on one piece of dough, make sure to cover the other dough balls with plastic wrap or a tea towel to prevent them from drying out.
- Top with your favourite sauce and other ingredients before cooking.
Garlic Prawn Pizza
- 1 serving of pizza dough
- 250g raw peeled prawns
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 birds eye chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella or 4 small balls, torn
- Rocket and basil leaves to share
- Place prawns, garlic, chilli, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface and top with the crushed tomato, the prawn mixture and the torn mozzarella.
- Place in the preheated pizza oven. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with fresh basil, rocket, salt and pepper.
Pizza con Patate (Italian Potato Pizza)
- 1 serving of pizza dough
- 5 potatoes of various colours, sliced thinly with a mandoline (use a sharp knife if you don’t have a mandoline)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp flaked salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper to taste
- Place potato slices, oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl and combine.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface and top with sliced potato mixture in a single layer.
- Place in the preheated pizza oven and cook until potatoes are beginning to crisp up.
Enjoyed these recipes? Check these out: