The benefits of Green Tea are well known. The combination of caffeine and L-theanine in green tea improves the release of dopamine to help reduce anxiety and increase brain function as well as providing other benefits.
Adding boiling water from the kettle to a green tea bag is one way to prepare this amazing health drink, however if you want to get the maximum benefit form you Green Tea, follow this handy Kitchen Warehouse guide.
Preparing Green Tea for Maximum Health Benefits
- Measure 2 tsp of leaves per cup into teapot or infuser.
- Allow plenty of room in your infuser or teapot for leaves to expand.
- Fill kettle with fresh filtered water that has not been previously boiled
- Heat the water to 85 – 90 degrees. Use your Kitchen Warehouse Temperature Control Kettle or a Kitchen Warehouse thermometer. Correct water temperature ensures the right balance of flavours, so it is not too bitter or bland.
- Pour the water over the leaves.
- Leave to steep for 1 – 3 minutes to taste. Small leaves infuse faster than large.
- Serve and enjoy the stimulation and great taste of green tea.
Green tea tastes best served in fine bone china cups to enhance the delicate flavour.
On a related note: