Why order out for a pizza when you can make it from scratch in the comfort of your own home? Not only is this the healthier option, you’ll be able to customize your pizza to your own taste plus pizza-making can turn out to be a really fun, enjoyable way to bond with friends and family members.
Indulge yourself in this recipe for a three-cheese pizza that’s sure to melt in your mouth. It’s perfect for vegetarians and cheese-lovers alike, best eaten hot off the oven!
Revel in the goodness of pizza with this recipe for a meat-free, three-cheese pizza that you can easily make and enjoy at home!
One 30 cm (12in) Pizza
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 6 ripe tomatoes, washed, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon crushed basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 200 g tomato paste
- 450 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 80 g parmesan cheese
- 200 g shredded white cheddar cheese
- 30 cm (12in) pizza dough*
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Fry garlic until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, basil, oregano and salt.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until mixture has thickened slightly.
- Put tomato paste in and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven or pizza maker to 230C.
- Cover the waiting pizza crust with half the sauce.
- Sprinkle the three kinds of cheese evenly over the sauce.
- Slide into pizza oven or pizza maker and bake at 190 – 200C until dough is crisp and brown and the cheese bubbles.
- For a vegetarian twist, you can also include sliced eggplants, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, capsicums and thyme leaves as pizza toppings.
*You can find our recipe for homemade pizza dough here, including gluten-free, wholemeal and garlic parmesan versions. What’s the most unique pizza topping you’ve eaten? Let us know in the comments section below!