Cooking in the tagine intensifies the full flavour of this aromatic meal. The conical shape of the lid collects condensation and returns the juices to the food to heighten the taste.
- 1kg sweet potatoes (any variety), peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 long green chillies, minced
- 70ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tsps honey
- 1c couscous
- ½ c soy yoghurt
- ¼ bunch coriander
- Make sure your clay tagine is room temperature before you place on heat.
- Heat oil in tagine and add onions, garlic, chilli, salt and all spices.
- Cook for 6 minutes until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, apricots, zucchini, chickpeas, tomatoes, and honey and cover with lid. Leave to cook for 1 hour until vegetables are tender.
- Prepare Couscous:
Place couscous in a bowl with 1 ½ Tbsp oil and ½ tsp salt.
Rub oil into couscous with fingertips, coating grains well. Cover with 200ml boiling water stirring well to combine. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes until water is fully absorbed. Using a fork, fluff couscous, then stir in lemon juice and mint.
Divide couscous and tagine among bowls and top with a spoonful of yoghurt. Garnish with torn coriander leaves.