Spice up your weekdays with this tangy but oh-so tasty Vietnamese Noodle Salad. It’ll make your taste buds do a little dance while you dream up days in the sun.
This salad-with-a-kick is also easy to make and tastes great the next day too. So, if you’ve been looking for the perfect excuse to invest in a Benriner slicer or Mandoline, now is the time!
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup (75g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sugar snaps, sliced
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted and crushed roughly
Nuoc cham dressing
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- For the nuoc cham dressing, add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice together in a bowl to dissolve the sugar, then stir in chilli and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to packet instructions, drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the carrot, cucumber, sugar snaps, bean sprouts, and herbs to the bowl of noodles.
- Pour the dressing, toss well to combine. Scatter with crushed peanuts and serve on its own or with prawns, grilled chicken thighs or pork.