Spice up your weekdays with this tangy but oh-so tasty Vietnamese Noodle Salad. It’ll make your taste buds do a little dance while you dream up days in the sun.
This spicy Vietnamese Noodle Salad is easy to make and tastes great the next day too. So, if you’ve been looking for the perfect excuse to invest in a Benriner slicer or Mandoline, now is the time!
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 1 cup (75g) bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup sugar snaps, sliced
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, lightly toasted and crushed roughly
Nuoc cham dressing
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- For the nuoc cham dressing, add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice together in a bowl to dissolve the sugar, then stir in chilli and garlic. Set aside.
- Prepare the rice noodles according to packet instructions, drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the carrot, cucumber, sugar snaps, bean sprouts, and herbs to the bowl of noodles.
- Pour the dressing, toss well to combine. Scatter with crushed peanuts and serve on its own or with prawns, grilled chicken thighs or pork.
In the mood for more? Try these: