Nola from Vitamix® will show you how to make a delicious piping hot Tomato & Basil Soup in the 2L jug & grind and blend dukkha in the 225ml Vitamix accessory bowl.
Your Vitamix® Ascent® Series A3500i High- Performance Blender, a brand trusted by chefs, engineered & assembled in the USA with a 10 year warranty, can perform more than 10 culinary techniques, including hot soup without a stove.
Tomato and Basil Soup
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 420 g (1 can) plum tomatoes
- 170 g (1 ) roma tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 75 g (½ cup) garbanzo beans, optional, cooked, rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed except chickpeas and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Reduce speed to variable 3. Remove plug and add the chickpeas. Blend an additional 15 seconds. Serve immediately.
Add tomato paste or sun-dried tomatoes to this soup to add richness. Spice this soup up with chili flake. Adding beans to a recipe adds protein and fiber.
- 1 Tbl coriander seeds
- 1 Tbl cumin seeds
- 2 Tbls roasted hazelnuts
- 2 Tbls roasted pistachios nuts
- 5 Tbls roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sumac
- Salt and pepper
- Combine coriander and cumin seeds into the Vitamix 225ml bowl and secure base. Grind finely.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl. secure base and pulse until the desired texture and serve.