Basic Waffle Recipe with Decadent Caramel Sauce and Ice-cream
Enjoy fluffy waffles with your favourite toppings. Cook to perfection in a waffle maker from the wonderful Kitchen Warehouse range, available to purchase now! Whether you prefer Belgian waffles or American waffles; round, square or rectangular; need to make 4 at a time or just one, you can find the perfect waffle maker at Kitchen Warehouse online or in a store near you. For a vegan, gluten free waffle recipe click here.
- Waffle maker
- Large Bowl
- Medium bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk or stick blender with whisk attachment
- Egg beater
- Small saucepan
- Large measuring jug
- 1 ¾ c plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp of sugar
- ½ c melted butter
- 1 ¾ c milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix in sugar.
- Beat egg whites until peaks are stiff. Set aside.
- Slowly add the milk, egg yolk and melted butter to dry ingredients while whisking.
- Once the batter is smooth fold in egg white.
- Turn on the waffle maker and allow to preheat while the mixture rests.
- When the green light comes on pour ½ cup of batter into centre of the waffle iron. This should be enough to fill the iron without overfilling it.
- Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions. Remove and enjoy with caramel sauce and ice-cream, or keep warm in low heat oven in single layers.
- Combine egg yolks and milk in measuring jug.
- Add butter and brown sugar to small saucepan and stir over a medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat and beat in combined egg yolks and milk.
Waffle Making Tips:
- Keep waffles in a single layer to keep them crisp – don’t stack
- Keep waffles hot at low heat in the oven until all are cooked
- Freeze extra waffles and reheat in the toaster
- Don’t use cooking spray on your waffle maker
- Clean shortly after waffle maker has cooled
Enjoy your waffles hot off the iron with your favourite ice-cream from our recipe blog.
Use the Kitchen Warehouse Waffle Maker buying guide to discover all you need about our amazing collection of waffle irons or purchase the perfect waffle maker online or instore now.