Sweet, tart and delicious, this tried and true Rhubarb Crumble recipe is a warm and satisfying delight!
Served straight from the oven, this delicious crumble pairs well with custard and ice-cream. It also a versatile recipe that could be altered to suit your personal taste preferences. You could add sultana’s to the mix for an extra kick or mix the stewed rhubarb with another fruit (apples pair particularly well).
A perfect winter dessert, this crowd pleaser is tasty and convenient!
- 10 stalks of rhubarb
- 75 g caster sugar
- 125 g cold unsalted butter, chopped
- 175 g plain flour
- 50 g brown sugar
- Custard or ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Place the rhubarb and caster sugar in a saucepan over a medium to low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For crumble: Roughly rub together the butter, flour and brown sugar.
- Pour rhubarb mixture into an oven-proof dish and sprinkle crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes and serve warm with custard or ice-cream.