Say hello to the beautiful pink frosé! Icy cold and refreshing, the combination of watermelon, strawberries, lemon juice, and rosé wine made into a slushy makes the perfect drink on a hot summer night.
When a cold glass of rosé wine is not enough to quench the summer thirst, freezing and blending it with your favourite fruits will do the trick. Perfect for the hot season, this versatile drink is not only refreshing but also the perfect pair to your barbecue cookout. All you need is to make it ahead of time and a powerful blender to achieve that smooth, blended mix.
- Digital kitchen scale
- Measuring cups
- Freezer-safe baking pan or dish
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Resealable plastic bag
- 250ml jar with lid
- Cocktail glasses
- 1.5 to 2L rosé wine
- 600g watermelon, cubed
For the strawberry syrup
- 1 cup water
- 400g strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pour rosé wine into a freezer-safe baking pan. Freeze until solid or overnight. Alternatively, use an ice tray to freeze rose wine into cubes for much easier blending later.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the watermelon cubes and ensure they are not touching. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and return to the freezer.
- Simmer a cup of water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves. Add strawberries and lemon juice, and mix until sticky.
- Strain syrup into a 250ml jar with lid and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Use a fork to scrape frozen rosé wine into your blending jug or carafe. Add the watermelon cubes, chilled strawberry syrup, and lemon juice. Blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and serve immediately.
Recipe and image adapted from Le Creuset.