Including regular amounts of natural yogurt in your diet will deliver plenty of health benefits. The live cultures that turn milk into yogurt contain probiotics, beneficial in boosting immunity, digestion and in reducing eczema and infections. Yogurt also includes protein, calcium, potassium, magnesium and vitamins B2 and B12. The best way to ensure your yogurt is full of probiotics is to make it yourself with a Mad Millie Yoghurt making kit from Kitchen Warehouse. Use yogurt in cooking, baking, on your cereal and add fruit to make frozen treats with an Ice-cream and Frozen yogurt maker.
Hygiene tip: To reuse your cheesecloth soak in warm water to rinse out any left-over milk residue, then sterilise by boiling for 5 minutes.
Mad Millie Greek Yogurt Kit contains:
- Probiotic yoghurt culture
- Sterile culture pottle
- 1 L UHT milk or fresh full fat homogenised milk
- A few grains (1/2 drop tsp) of yoghurt culture
- Pour milk into a pot and heat to the instructed temperature before adding culture.
- Leave overnight in a warm place to thicken.
- Strain to desired thickness.
- Enjoy natural or with your favourite fresh topping and reap the taste and health benefits.
Make a dip with
Mint and lime juice; Paprika; Diced cucumber and pepper,
Make a dessert with
Honey and walnut; Hazelnut and vanilla essence; Cinnamon and stewed apple;