You’ll miss out on half the fun of making homemade pizza if you’re going to experiment with different toppings but not tweak the dough’s basic recipe. Try this garlic and parmesan pizza dough for your next pizza night and see for yourself that the goodness of pizza starts from the base.
Garlic & Parmesan Pizza Dough
Make pizza time memorable with homemade garlic parmesan pizza dough! This recipe is very tasty and easy to make.
Two 30 cm (12in) pizzas
- 2 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 400 ml water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 520 g bread flour
- 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 30 g fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast over water. Stir in sugar.
- Let sit until bubbles form on top of the mixture, around 10 minutes.
- Place flour, garlic powder and cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the yeast mixture and oil and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Turn the dough onto a floured working surface and knead until smooth and elastic, around 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Punch down the dough to release air.
- Divide in half and form into two balls.
- Flatten each piece with a rolling pin, forming a 30cm (12in) round.
- Place each dough on a prepared olive oil-coated pizza pan.
- Top with your selected sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is crispy.
What do you think about this garlic parmesan pizza dough recipe? Try it out in a pizza maker and tell us how it turns out!