Light, fresh and easy to make, what more could you want for a quick and delicious salad option? This spring peas, Persian feta and mint salad is the perfect accompaniment to any main meal.Continue reading “Spring Peas, Persian Feta and Mint Salad”
Use the Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Casserole to make this succulent Saffron and Honey Chicken Casserole with Orange and Ginger Sauce. The cast iron effectively retains heat and locks in the moisture, making the end result perfectly browned and super moist, packed with flavour. These kitchen essentials are handcrafted in France and enhance the cooking process by evenly distributing and retaining heat for even cooking and browning.Continue reading “Saffron and Honey Chicken Casserole with Orange and Ginger Sauce”
This Chocolate and Poached Pear pavlova is an irresistibly sweet spin on a classic recipe which is as delicious as it is beautiful to look at. Cooked in the Le Creuset 30cm Shallow Casserole in Meringue, the casserole dish is the perfect backdrop for the chocolatey browns and whites of the pavlova. Perfect on the Christmas dessert table or enjoyed in winter with mulled wine.
Chocolate and Poached Pear Pavlova Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 30cm Shallow Casserole
- Chef’s pan
- Chef’s knife
- Serving jug
For the meringue:
- 6 egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 30g cocoa powder
For the poached pears:
- 350ml red wine
- 100g caster sugar
- Cinnamon stick
- 4 pears
For the cream:
- 600ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 90g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/ Fan 100°C.
- In a very clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm and fluffy. Using a tablespoon, slowly add spoonful’s of sugar whilst continuously whisking.
- Once all the sugar is incorporated, add the cocoa powder and continue to whisk until firm and glossy peaks form.
- Line the base of the Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 30cm Shallow Casserole with a circle of parchment paper and stick using a little of the meringue. Spoon the meringue into the casserole and smooth using the back of the spoon to cover the base of the casserole.
- Place in the oven without the lid for 1 hour 45 minutes before turning off the heat and leaving to fully cool in the oven.
- In the meantime, poach the pears. In a pan over a medium heat, add the wine, sugar, spices and thyme and gently simmer until all the sugar is dissolved – this will only take a couple of minutes.
- Peel the pears, keeping the stalks intact. Lower carefully into the red wine syrup, ensuring the pears are totally submerged. Gently simmer over a medium heat for 25 – 30 minutes until the pears are tender – test using a small sharp knife.
- When the meringue is fully cooled, and you are nearly ready to serve, make the cream. Simply whisk together the cream, vanilla and icing sugar to soft peaks and then spoon into the centre of the meringue.
- Once soft, remove the pears and leave to cool. Increase the heat and allow the syrup to reduce to a thick sauce, discarding the cinnamon stick and thyme. This will take approximately 5 – 8 minutes. Slice the pears in half and then into quarters lengthways.
- When ready to serve, place the pears on top of the cream and spoon over a little thickened red wine syrup. Finish with grated dark chocolate and serve to the table in the casserole with a jug of the remaining syrup.
- Cook’s notes: The ripeness of your pears will determine how fast they cook and soften in the red wine syrup. Slightly firmer pears are better as this allows them time to absorb all the delicious syrup without disintegrating.
Recipes by Le Creuset
Enjoyed these recipes from our friends at Le Creuset? Try these:
Few things are as deliciously satisfying as Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Quick and easy to make, you can whip these soft and chewy cookies up in under 30 minutes. The recipe makes 10 large cookies or 12 – 15 small ones, depending on your personal preference. Truly decadent served straight out of the oven or left to cool, this easy-to-follow recipe won’t disappoint!
Deliciously moist and packed with fresh flavours, this beautiful cranberry apple nut bread is perfect with a generous serving of butter for breakfast, or for a sweet afternoon tea treat.Continue reading “Cranberry Apple Nut Bread”
We’ve put together some of our favourite pizza recipes, including one for homemade dough, and there’s something for everyone – Tartufona Pizza, Pizza con Patate, Garlic Prawn Pizza and the all-important Basic Pizza Dough for the perfect base.Continue reading “Tartufona Pizza with the Wolstead Pro Rapido Pizza Oven”
Dust off your ice cream machine and embrace the hotter weather with this tropical passionfruit ice cream. The ultimate cool-down treat!Continue reading “The Only Passionfruit Ice Cream Recipe You’ll Ever Need”
This delicious strawberry gin crush cocktail recipe is wonderfully refreshing and perfect for warm spring and summer days in the sunshine. It’s also super easy to make! Throw the ingredients into your Vitamix and serve in a gin balloon.Continue reading “Strawberry Gin Crush Cocktail with Vitamix”
When you haven’t quite managed to get through the week’s worth of groceries, pickling is a great way to use up leftover fruit and veg, and we’re here to show you how with this How to Make Quick Pickles video. Pickles are a tangy and delicious addition to sandwiches, salads or grazing boards and are super easy to make.Continue reading “How to Make Quick Pickles”
Get your taste buds tingling with this vibrant Middle Eastern inspired beetroot hummus using the mighty Magimix Premium 5200XL Food Processor. Serve the dip alongside some pita or Turkish bread for the perfect Friday night pre-dinner snack.Continue reading “Beetroot Hummus with Pita Bread and Dukkah”