For a fast and fabulous family meal, try our creamy bacon & mushroom fettucine, a meal everyone will love.
- 350g fettucine pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, thinly sliced
- 200g brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 300ml light thickened cream
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Add mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add cream and reserved liquid. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add pasta and parsley. Cook, tossing, for 1 minute or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.