This oven-baked salmon recipe is delicious as is but would make a filling meal when paired with a warm whole-grain salad or a crisp green salad. It’s so simple to make, it will surprise you how good it can be.
- 1.5kg whole side of salmon (1 large fillet)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- 1 lemongrass stalk, quartered and bruised
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place a sheet of aluminium foil, slightly overlapping, on a large baking dish. Lightly grease and place the salmon.
- Top the salmon with lemon, kaffir lime, lemongrass and coriander then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the two long sides of foil up to centre and fold to seal. Roll up the ends to ensure the salmon is enclosed and secured.
- Bake for 30 minutes to achieve medium doneness or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool to room temperature then serve to table with fresh coriander leaves. You may substitute parsley for a mild herb flavour.
- If serving for later, cover the baking dish with a lid or cling wrap and refrigerate. Reheat in the oven or microwave when you’re ready to eat.