Nutritionist Sally Gray has kindly passed on this wonderful recipe from her Real Healthy Kids books. This mixture soaked overnight to improve digestion and neutralise harm from grains, these make a fantastic breakfast and lunch box snack made into pikelets. Visit Sallys website Real Healthy Kids to view more about her workshops and how you can improve your childrens health.
- 1 1/4 Cups Yoghurt, buttermilk, raw milk or kefir
- 1 Cup Unbleached Spelt Flour
- 180gm Butter Melted
- 3 Organic Eggs separated
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 – 2 Cups Blueberries
- 1 Tspn Bicarb or Aluminum Free Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup, Honey or coconut nectar to serve with raw cream or yoghurt
- Combine the flour and milk and cover with a tea towel and sit at room temperature overnight.
- In the morning add the butter, vanilla and egg yolks to the flour mix and in a separate bowl beat the whites until firm.
- Gently combine all ingredients (you can add the blueberries now or sprinkle them onto the cooking batter) and fry until golden, serve hot with the honey and cream.