Now’s the time to dust off your bread maker and make these delicious American cinnamon rolls. These cinnamon rolls are as quick and easy as cinnamon rolls go. Enjoy them freshly baked with cream cheese icing running off the sides – yum!
For a quick breakfast, simply place the shaped rolls in a greased pan and let sit, covered, overnight. In the morning you have a prepared batch waiting to be put in the preheated oven. The unbaked rolls also freeze well.
Tip: Make sure not to roll the dough too tight.
SERVINGS: 12 rolls
PREP TIME: 20 Minutes
COOK TIME: 15 Minutes
- 235 ml warm milk (45 C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 75 g margarine, melted
- 615 g bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g white sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- 220 g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 75 g butter, softened
- 55 g cream cheese, softened
- 190 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place the dough ingredients in the bread maker in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the Dough cycle and press Start.
- Once the dough has doubled in bulk, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll dough into a 40 x 55 cm rectangle.
- Layer the dough with butter and sprinkle liberally with the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired. Roll up and fold the dough, pinching the edges together to seal.
- Cut into 12 rolls.
- Place rolls close together in a lightly greased 23 x 33 cm baking pan.
- Cover and allow to rise until almost doubled in size, about half an hour.
- In the meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 C.
- Bake the rolls until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by beating together cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Set aside.
- Remove the rolls immediately after baking.
- Flip over the pan to let the cinnamon drippings recoat the rolls.
- Drizzle on glaze and serve warm.
For easy presentation, use muffin cups for baking. Give this cinnamon rolls recipe a shot and tell us how it went!