Easy, 1hr 15min, Serves 4
This is a great meal to prepare in advance and freeze
- 400gm Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic crushed
- 2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp Olive OIl
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tin diced tomatoes
- 5 Potatoes peeled & quartered
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Peel, cut and boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and then add butter and milk. Mash the potatoes then cover and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry-pan. Add the onions and fry until translucent. Add the garlic and chili flakes. Fry for 2 minutes. Add boiled vegetable mix.
- Add the ground beef and fry for 5 minutes making sure you break up the clumps. Add tomato paste and chopped canned tomatoes. Add about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the tomatoes and stir.
- Turn the heat down and let the beef simmer gently for about 10 minutes allowing for some of the liquid to reduce. Add the peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the baking dishes then gently top with mashed potato. Grate on some parmesan cheese and then bake the pies for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.