Nothing comes as clean, simple and elegant as a Martini. Containing a general proportion of one part dry vermouth to four parts gin, the ‘ Classic Dry Martini ‘ with a little less vermouth can arguably be the perfect cocktail.
- Cracked ice
- 2 1/2 ounces London dry gin, such as Beefeater
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Noilly Prat
- Green olive for garnish
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice, combine with gin and vermouth.
- Stir well for roughly 20 seconds, then strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with olive or two on a stick and serve.