We ask 10 outstanding food bloggers to share recipes they learnt from the significant mother in their lives. Janessa Rutter of Glutenfree Sugarfree was lucky enough to get a peek at her mother-in-laws handwritten family recipe book and chose this delicious Coconut Jam Slice tweaked to make it gluten & refined sugar free.
- Square baking tin
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
OR stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula for spreading jam
- Wire cooling rack
- 1 ½ cups GF self raising flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 125g coconut oil melted
- 1 egg, separated
- ⅓ cup 100% fruit strawberry jam
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 175°c (fan forced) and grease & line square baking tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut sugar, egg and coconut oil. Add flour and almond meal and mix until well combined. Spread mixture evenly onto the base of tin and place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and while cooling slightly whisk egg white until stiff peaks form. Add shredded coconut and mix until all coconut is coated.
- Spread jam evenly onto biscuit base and then spread coconut on top. Place back into oven and bake for a further 20 minutes until coconut topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Cut into 12 squares and enjoy!