A traditional English dessert, this Banoffee Pie recipe will definitely hit your sweet spot!
A tantalising mixture of bananas, cream, toffee and chocolate on a biscuit base, this “no bake” dessert recipe will leave an impression on all who have the pleasure of consuming!
Delicious Banoffee Pie
- 1 pack of Digestive biscuits
- 2 tins of condensed milk
- 4 bananas
- 440 ml double cream
- 50 ml cooled strong coffee
- 1/2 cup of grated chocolate
- Make a biscuit base with a pack of Digestive biscuits crushed and mixed with melted butter.
- Use to line the base of a spring loaded tin and chill in the fridge.
- Boil 2 unopened tins of condensed milk in a saucepan of water for 2 hours – do not allow to boil dry then chill.
- Slice bananas to line the base of the tin and then cover with the condensed milk which has turned to toffee.
- Cover with another layer of sliced bananas.
- Whisk 440 ml of double cream with a mixer and mix a small amount of cooled strong coffee into it.
- Cover the bananas and toffee with the cream mixture and leave in the fridge for a few hours to chill.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and serve.
Give this recipe a try and let us know how you went in the comments box!