This is one of our favourite steak recipes which can be cooked in a skillet, grill pan or on the BBQ. Prepare in advance for added flavour.
- 1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
- 1Tbsp dried green peppercorns
- 1 Tbsp dried pink peppercorn (optional)
- 4 x 200g trimmed sirloin steaks,
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- Preheat skillet or grill pan to medium-high or turn on BBQ to preheat
- Place black pepper, green peppercorns and pink peppercorns in mortar and pestle and crush coarsely
- Using the pastry brush, lightly brush the front and back of the steak with egg white.
- Press each steak into the peppercorn mixture, coating well
- Grill steaks for 6 – 8 minutes on skillet or BBQ, turning once.
- Cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy with a fresh salad.