French toast is easy to prepare and delightful to eat with your own choice of toppings. It’s also the perfect way to save day-old bread and make it taste better. A good old crepe pan or a French toast maker is all you need to make this breakfast favourite.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Crepe pan or Tefal Snack Collection with French Toast Plates
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 slices of bread
- Break eggs into a bowl. Add the milk and beat lightly together with a whisk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt the butter on the crepe pan over medium heat. Using tongs, dip the bread slices into the egg mixture.
- Place the bread on the crepe pan and cook until the sides begin to set. Flip to cook the other side. You can also use the Tefal Snack Collection with French Toast Plates so you can toast without the need for flipping.
- Serve hot with icing sugar, maple or golden syrup, cinnamon sugar, or any of your preferred toppings.