Easy, 10 minutes, Serves 6 – 8
This is a traditional accompaniment and no Mexican meal would be complete without it. Chillies are optional, depending on personal taste or who you cater for
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 small bunch coriander
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 2 chillies
- Scoop out avocado flesh, discarding the skin and stone, and mash it up.
- Finely chop onion, coriander and chilli (if using).
- Mix everything together.
- Juice the lime and mix with the other ingredients.
- You can also put all ingredients in a food processor, depending on how chunky you want the guacamole to be.