These colourful but crispy hasselback potatoes loaded with veggies make a delicious accompaniment to your Easter feast.
This recipe teaches you how to prepare one potato. Make sure you scale your hasselback potatoes accordingly depending on how many mouths you have to feed or someone around the family table will feel very left out!
- 1 large white potato
- 6 thin slices of red capsicum
- 6 thin slices of zucchini
- 6 thin slices of sweet potato
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to season
- Lie the potato flat and finely slice it without cutting through to the bottom.
- Brush it with the butter, season well and place it in a 200C oven for 20 minutes.
- Using a mandolin, slice the capsicum, zucchini and sweet potato very finely. Remember, the thicker the rounds, the longer it will take them to cook through.
- During cooking, baste the potato in melted butter from time to time. When it is golden, remove from the oven and cool.
- Insert the pieces of chopped vegetables in between the layers, alternating between the different colours.
- Baste in remaining butter, sprinkle with cheese and return to the hot oven for a few more minutes. Serve immediately.
Want to build the rest of your Easter menu? Check these recipes out: