More often than not, people tend to think that healthy dishes have to lose all aesthetic appeal and flavour. We will prove this notion wrong with our simple jacket potato recipe, which boasts of healthy goodness and sumptuous flavours at the same time. This is perfect at any time of the day – you can have it with fruit juice in the morning or with wine for dinner.
Tuna and Corn Jacket Potato
Try out our delicious jacket potato recipe, all done and ready to be served in just an hour!
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 50 Minutes
- 1 medium potato (150 g)
- 100 g canned tuna (in water)
- 3 tbsps sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsps plain low-fat yogurt
- Bake the potato at 200C until soft (50-60 minutes). Remove from the oven, set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the tuna with yogurt, sweetcorn and finely chopped spring onions.
- Split the potato in half. Stuff with the tuna and corn mixture.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
The original recipe uses either mayonnaise or cheese, which you can substitute for this version’s yogurt
If fresh sweetcorn is unavailable, defrost canned or frozen sweetcorn as an alternative
This dish is served perfect with a side salad of greens and freshly squeezed juice